Saturday, December 18, 2010

If I had to start over again...

Are you just getting stated?   In the beginning, I wish I had known all of the things that I know now about online business.  But you can't know everything when you're just beginning and you can't go back in time either.  Getting set-up and started with an online business is a great and exciting experience, but it's also incredibly difficult and frustrating for beginners - especially if they have little to no money to invest in their new business.  But if you truly want and expect to be a success online, then there are a few questions that you must ask yourself (about commitment) and some plans that you will need to make (i.e. realistic goals)... from the very beginning.

I remember what it was like to discover the world of Internet Marketing and be gripped with the possibility or working from home full-time.  But if I knew then what I know now, I would have chosen to do things a little differently than the way I went about things.  Like most of you, I wanted immediate results because I needed cash badly.  So I want at it hard & fast and non-stop.  It involved lots of reading, studying, late nights and so on.  You know the drill.  But it soon became obvious that I didn't have a clue about what Internet Marketing really is, much less business skills in general.  I was 'majoring in minors', and what little money I did earn was in no way justified by the time required to earn it.  Not only that, affiliate referrals that I worked so hard to recruit simply dropped like flies from my downlines.  My little 'successes' faded as quickly as I achieved them. In fact, my business was failing at a very fast pace and all of the amazing things I heard about running an online business were just not happening for me... at all.

But these days, things are going well and I continue to grow my established online income streams.  That's because I didn't quit during the darkest and most frustrating times.  I also learned not to 'major in minors'.  Online business works on the law of large numbers.  You have to think big, not small.  You need lots of websites, lots of traffic and lots and lots of automation.  Just remember that.  You need a whole LOT more of these things than you think you do when you're first starting out.

So if I had to start over again, knowing what I know now, I would first begin with a positive mental attitude and the knowledge that there isn't any 'fast, easy' money online.  But next, I would concentrate on automated systems that build websites, build opt-in contact lists and generate traffic.  I'm not going to try and sell you any such items in this post.  I'm merely telling you to look for them, because they're out there and you have to learn on your own... the hard way.  But here's a hint for beginners:  focus your energy and studies on automated systems, because that's where your ultimate success lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment