Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How are MLM leads like ketchup?

They're not, really.  But refilling my ketchup bottle made me think of mlm leads and online mlm overall. Either way, it prompted me to write this story!

Last weekend, I noticed that my upside-down squeeze bottle of ketchup was almost empty.  So I decided that it was time to go and get a bulky refill.  I picked one up yesterday and (since I had used the last squeeze) decided to refill it while it was on my mind.  You’d think that someone like me, who is always talking about having an effective sales funnel would have an actual funnel in my house… but I don’t.  Anyway, trying to put ketchup into the useful squeeze bottle reminded me of pointing online leads to a good mlm affiliate program.  So I opened up this huge bulk container of ketchup (think mlm prospects) and got ready to start refilling and then... I got stumped. How was I going to do this? This was not very well thought out.  That’s when I got a tablespoon and started scooping - a little bit at a time.

After a few sloppy scoops of glopping ketchup all over my kitchen counter I realized that I should take my own advice about generating mlm leads and apply it to my efforts here.  I mean, what a joke this spoon-scooping action was! It took me forever to refill that thing!  Seriously.  Of every spoonful I tried to pour into the squeeze bottle more than half of it fell back into the bulk thing – which I was leaning over to try to keep from making an even bigger mess.  In other words, I knew want I wanted to happen, but I just couldn't figure out how to get from A to Z.  That's when I started thinking about Global NPN.

How many Internet Marketers are still trying to put new prospects into an affiliate program that isn’t very appealing, costs too much or is run by shady, fly-by-night characters who never last?  MLM leads aren’t ketchup. I know that. They’re people who need help. I hope you think of it like that too.  These (often very bright and ambitious people) are individuals who are going through the same thing that you are. They don’t want a sales pitch. They want a promise and a program that they can believe in.  But trying to recruit large numbers of people into a questionable program (or trying to put them into a GOOD one, without having a plan and a system) is just like my experience with the ketchup refill.  No matter how hard you try, you'll ending up making a mess of it.

So what do you need first?  A funnel!  Sales funnels can take many forms.  Take this blog, for example.  It certainly qualifies as a sales funnel.  But your lead-capture system is only partially ready with an incomplete follow-up system, and even less ready without a training program and tools for the people who do join your business.  For everything that you do online, you need a plan and a system.  You also need an affiliate plan that your prospects can feel good about joining.  With those two concepts in mind, you can be a success... and you be metaphorically glopping ketchup all over the counter.  In short, work smarter - not harder!  And my advice is to do it with Global NPN.

No comments:

Post a Comment